Creating SAS transport files

Bill Knebel
Is there any package in R to create a SAS transport file?  I checked the
help archive and did not find any references to creating SAS transport
files in R, only reading them.

Bill

--
Bill Knebel, PharmD, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist

Re: Creating SAS transport files

Kevin E. Thorpe
Bill Knebel wrote:
> Is there any package in R to create a SAS transport file?  I checked the
> help archive and did not find any references to creating SAS transport
> files in R, only reading them.
>
> Bill

I have used write.foreign in the foreign package.  This
produces a text data file and a SAS program to read the
data into SAS.

It has worked well for my uses.  As for exporting to a
transport file directly, I do not know.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program

Re: Creating SAS transport files

Haynes, Maurice (NIH/NICHD) [E]
See the argument package="SAS" to the function write.foreign() in the
package foreign.

HTH

Maurice Haynes