Creating an instance of R from MS Access?

Creating an instance of R from MS Access?

Felipe Carrillo
Hi all:
Does anyone know if it's at all possible to create a
connection to R from MS access? For example, if I have
a table and want to export it to R,generate a graph in
R and import it back to MS access. I can do this with
sigmaPlot and other graphic programs but just
wondering if it can be done with R. Thanks

 Felipe D. Carrillo
  Fishery Biologist
  US Fish & Wildlife Service
  Red Bluff, California 96080

Re: Creating an instance of R from MS Access?

D L McArthur
Felipe Carrillo <mazatlanmexico <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> Hi all:
> Does anyone know if it's at all possible to create a
> connection to R from MS access? ...

See function "odbcConnectAccess" in package RODBC.
--D L McArthur <dmca <at> ucla.edu

Re: Creating an instance of R from MS Access?

Prof Brian Ripley
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, D L McArthur wrote:

> Felipe Carrillo <mazatlanmexico <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>> Hi all:
>> Does anyone know if it's at all possible to create a
>> connection to R from MS access? ...
>>
> See function "odbcConnectAccess" in package RODBC.

That is the other way, from R to an Access database.  I think Felipe
Carrillo is looking for the DCOM interfaces: see

http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/dcom/00ReadMe.html

(and also on www.omegahat.org, but I'd not recommend that one for
beginners).