Creating map in R

Medic
Creating map in R. I have all the files (with different extensions)
for the country I need. The problem is that I don’t know how to use
them in R. I began according to information on the Internet, and
immediately ran into difficulties (see below):

`library("tmaptools")
geo <- read_shape("Rom.shp", as.sf = TRUE)
This function is deprecated and has been migrated to
github.com/mtennekes/oldtmaptools`

I turned to a similar function, but get an UNCLEAR message

`library(raster)
geo <- shapefile ("Rus.shp")
Error in .local(x, ...) : file.exists(extension(x, ".shx")) is not TRUE`

Re: Creating map in R

Jeff Newmiller
If you READ the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of each post you would know that there is a more appropriate mailing list for questions about maps and R where experts in that topic hang out.

On November 22, 2019 3:54:33 AM GMT+01:00, Medic <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Creating map in R. I have all the files (with different extensions)
>for the country I need. The problem is that I don’t know how to use
>them in R. I began according to information on the Internet, and
>immediately ran into difficulties (see below):
>
>`library("tmaptools")
>geo <- read_shape("Rom.shp", as.sf = TRUE)
>This function is deprecated and has been migrated to
>github.com/mtennekes/oldtmaptools`
>
>I turned to a similar function, but get an UNCLEAR message
>
>`library(raster)
>geo <- shapefile ("Rus.shp")
>Error in .local(x, ...) : file.exists(extension(x, ".shx")) is not
>TRUE`

Re: Creating map in R

Michael Hannon-2
Yep, I had that same thought after I posted a reply to the OP.  Not to
discourage anybody from reading the posting guide, but a quick look at
it suggests that the following might be useful in this case: