Custom annotation vector in R tsmp package

Custom annotation vector in R tsmp package

babelproofreader
I'd like to use a custom annotation vector (av) for a matrix profile (mp)
produced using the tsmp package, but I am unsure how to amend said profile
produced by e.g. the compute function.

I note that the package provides some functions to do this for "standard"
cases, such as av_complexity, av_hardlimit_artifact etc. and then av_apply,
but I want to apply a custom av. I have tried directly replacing the mp in
the results produced by compute, i.e.

result <- compute( data , ... )
result$mp <- my_av_mp

but this doesn't work as I get the following error

Error in `[.data.frame`(matrix_profile$mp, min_idx) :
undefined columns selected

Trying

result$mp[,1] <- my_av_mp

doesn't give an error, but when I try to use the amended result further,
i.e.

motif_results <- find_motif( result , n_motifs = 5 , ... )

I get the error

Error in apply(.mp$mp, 2, which.min) : dim(X) must have a positive length

What is the correct way to apply a custom av with the tsmp package?

Re: Custom annotation vector in R tsmp package

Bert Gunter-2
Please note, per the posting guide linked below:

"For questions about functions in standard packages distributed with R (see
the FAQ Add-on packages in R
<https://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Add-on-packages-in-R>), ask
questions on R-help.
If the question relates to a *contributed package* , e.g., one downloaded
from CRAN, try contacting the package maintainer first. You can also use
find("functionname") and packageDescription("packagename") to find this
information [see also ?maintainer]. *Only* send such questions to R-help or
R-devel if you get no reply or need further assistance. This applies to
both requests for help and to bug reports."

So while you might get a response here, you should not expect one. Also, I
think it will be very difficult for anyone to help you without knowing what
"data" looks like. Could be wrong, of course...

sticking things into it."