Data set BregFix in package flexmix

tudor
Dear list:

I would like to recreate how the artificial data set BregFix was generated in package flexmix (thanks Bettina and Friedrich).  The data set is thoroughly described in Grun and Leisch's Computational Statistics & Data Analysis 51(11) :5247-5252 but references to the appropriate seed number(s) are missing (providing these details was certainly beyond the scope of the authors' work).  To this end, I wonder if anyone attempted to recreate this data set, and if so, if she could share this knowledge with the list.

Thank you.

Tudor

Re: Data set BregFix in package flexmix

Uwe Ligges-3

On 30.10.2012 15:59, tudor wrote:
> Dear list:
>
> I would like to recreate how the artificial data set BregFix was generated
> in package flexmix (thanks Bettina and Friedrich).  The data set is
> thoroughly described in Grun and Leisch's Computational Statistics & Data
> Analysis 51(11) :5247-5252 but references to the appropriate seed number(s)
> are missing (providing these details was certainly beyond the scope of the
> authors' work).  To this end, I wonder if anyone attempted to recreate this
> data set, and if so, if she could share this knowledge with the list.

Hmmm, I doubt the community can help here except for trying all possible
seeds on the communities mega-cloud.
So why not ask the authors?

Best,
Uwe Ligges