Dont print plot on screen

Joel
Hi is there any command or setting that allows you to do the plot command but it dose not print the plot on screen?

So when you are saveing an plot in a function you dont want it to display the plot just save it.

Re: Dont print plot on screen

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 08/12/2010 8:14 AM, Joel wrote:

> Hi is there any command or setting that allows you to do the plot command but
> it dose not print the plot on screen?
>
> So when you are saveing an plot in a function you dont want it to display
> the plot just save it.

Yes, that's the normal behaviour when plotting to a file.  Just open a
device in the output format you want.  For example,

pdf(file="example.pdf")
plot(rnorm(100))
dev.off()

Re: Dont print plot on screen

jholtman
The create a file with the graphics:

?pdf
?jpg
?postscript

The question is if you are generating it, what do you want to do with
it.  If you don't say otherwise, it will go to the default graphics
which is probably a window on your console.  You will have to direct
it where you want it.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Joel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi is there any command or setting that allows you to do the plot command but
> it dose not print the plot on screen?
>
> So when you are saveing an plot in a function you dont want it to display
> the plot just save it.

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru

Re: Dont print plot on screen

Ivan Calandra
For (at least) boxplot() and hist(), you can set plot=FALSE
But since we don't know what type of plot you want, difficult to be sure.
Ivan

--
Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student