Downloading CSV file - RCurl help

jcrosbie
There are some CSV file from the link below.

I'm having trouble installing the package. Is this the package I have to use or is there another one I need to use? If so how do I get this one loaded.

https://www.enmax.com/Power/Energy+Retailers/Settlement+Reports/Profile+settlement+report.htm

 install.packages("RCurl", repos = "http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/RCurl_1.95-4.1.zip", type="source")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/James/Documents/R/win-library/3.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/RCurl_1.95-4.1.zip/src/contrib
Warning message:
package ‘RCurl’ is not available (for R version 3.0.1)

Re: Downloading CSV file - RCurl help

David Winsemius

On Jun 15, 2013, at 11:41 AM, jcrosbie wrote:

> There are some CSV file from the link below.
>
> I'm having trouble installing the package. Is this the package I have to use
> or is there another one I need to use? If so how do I get this one loaded.
>

> https://www.enmax.com/Power/Energy+Retailers/Settlement+Reports/Profile+settlement+report.htm
>
> install.packages("RCurl", repos =
> "http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/RCurl_1.95-4.1.zip",
> type="source")

Packages of type="source" are not generally distributed as zip files. So R is unable to find it in the CRAN source directory. If you do want source you will also need RTools. But why not install as a binary file?

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA