Dry Spell Problem.

fredo
Dear All,

I want to solve the following problem on a climatic dataset. It contains
Year, Day and Rain as Columns names.

Ex: > head(Samaru56)
  Year Day Rain
1 1928   1    0
2 1928   2    0
3 1928   3    0
4 1928   4    0
5 1928   5    0
6 1928   6    0

The first day from April 01 that gets more than 20 mm on a single day, or
totalled
over 2 consecutive days with the additional condition that there is no 10
day (or longer) dry spell in the next 30 days.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Regards,
Frederic.
--
Frederic Ntirenganya
Maseno University,

Re: Dry Spell Problem.

Pascal Oettli-2
Hi,

Did you have a look at the "dw.spell" function from the "RMRAINGEN"
package? It might be a starting point for you.

Regards,
Pascal

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Frederic Ntirenganya <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I want to solve the following problem on a climatic dataset. It contains
> Year, Day and Rain as Columns names.
>
> Ex: > head(Samaru56)
>   Year Day Rain
> 1 1928   1    0
> 2 1928   2    0
> 3 1928   3    0
> 4 1928   4    0
> 5 1928   5    0
> 6 1928   6    0
>
> The first day from April 01 that gets more than 20 mm on a single day, or
> totalled
> over 2 consecutive days with the additional condition that there is no 10
> day (or longer) dry spell in the next 30 days.
>
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!
>
> Regards,
> Frederic.
> --