Entropy based feature selection in R

andy1234
I need to use entropy based feature selection to reduce term space while doing text classification. Are there any R packages available that would help me do this?

I can also make do with chi squared based algorithm, if there are packages for that.

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Re: Entropy based feature selection in R

andy1234
Hello everyone,

Any thoughts in this one please?

The only thing I found was the FSelector package (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Data_Mining_Algorithms_In_R/Dimensionality_Reduction/Feature_Selection#Aviable_Feature_Ranking_Techniques_in_FSelector_Package). Unfortunately though it seems to be far from scalable on my data (~300k features, ~10k instances).

I would appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks in advance.
Andy