Error: could not find function "loadObject"

Error: could not find function "loadObject"

DVigneault
Hey all--

I'm brand new to R, and have just installed the ChemoSpec because I'd like to do PCA of NMR datasets.  I was following along with the vignette and trying to load the sample data as follows...

NMRTest <- loadObject("SrE.NMR.RData")

...and got the following error message:

Error: could not find function "loadObject"

I tried searching the above error message on the forum, but there were "0 matching posts."  I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Best,

–Davis

Re: Error: could not find function "loadObject"

Pascal Oettli-2
Hello,

Did you run the following first?

 > library(ChemoSpec)

Regards
Pascal

Le 24/07/2012 06:33, DVigneault a écrit :

> Hey all--
>
> I'm brand new to R, and have just installed the ChemoSpec because I'd like
> to do PCA of NMR datasets.  I was following along with the vignette and
> trying to load the sample data as follows...
>
> NMRTest <- loadObject("SrE.NMR.RData")
>
> ...and got the following error message:
>
> Error: could not find function "loadObject"
>
> I tried searching the above error message on the forum, but there were "0
> matching posts."  I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong!
>
> Best,
>
> –Davis

Re: Error: could not find function "loadObject"

DVigneault
Thanks, Pascal, for getting back!  I did load the package, but I get an error, as follows:

> library("ChemoSpec")
Package SparseM (0.96) loaded.
           To cite, see citation("SparseM")

Warning message:
replacing previous import ‘panel.lines’ when loading ‘lattice’

Is this where the problem is coming from?

Re: Error: could not find function "loadObject"

DVigneault
In case anyone else ever runs into this problem, I was able to get in touch with the publisher of the software, who suggested that I had not installed the R.utils package.  The following two commands fixed the problem.

install.packages("R.utils")
library("R.utils")