Error in is biallelic

sakthi
This post was updated on .
Hi,
am trying to run the following using my SNP data vcf file
maizelight <- vcfR2genlight(maizevcf,n.cores=1)
Why am getting error
Error in is.biallelic(x) :
  trying to get slot "fix" from an object (class "spec_tbl_df") that is not
an S4 object

anybody help to solve this, am just trying comments of R newly.

Re: Error in is biallelic

John Kane-3
I think we need a lot mole information.

see these links for suggestions on how to ask a question.

 http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 14:37, Sakthipriya M <[hidden email]>

> am trying to run the following using my SNP data vcf file
> maizelight <- vcfR2genlight(maizevcf,n.cores=1)
> Why am getting error
> Error in is.biallelic(x) :
>   trying to get slot "fix" from an object (class "spec_tbl_df") that is not
> an S4 object
>
> anybody help to solve this, am just trying comments of R newly.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

Re: Error in is biallelic

David Winsemius

On 11/6/20 4:11 PM, John Kane wrote:
> I think we need a lot mole information.
>
> see these links for suggestions on how to ask a question.
>
>   http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

I agree that more information would be needed for a considered answer
but I also suspect that placement of the question in a venue that had a
larger population of persons knowledgeable about the domain of genomics
might be helpful as well. Two possibilities: The BioConductor mailing
list and the BioInformatics StackExchange forum.

--

David

> On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 14:37, Sakthipriya M <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> am trying to run the following using my SNP data vcf file
>> maizelight <- vcfR2genlight(maizevcf,n.cores=1)
>> Why am getting error
>> Error in is.biallelic(x) :
>>    trying to get slot "fix" from an object (class "spec_tbl_df") that is not
>> an S4 object
>>
>> anybody help to solve this, am just trying comments of R newly.

Re: Error in is biallelic

John Kane-3
Ah, good point.