Error in normalizePath(path) : with McAfee

Error in normalizePath(path) : with McAfee

Erin Hodgess-2
Dear R People:

I keep getting the "Error in normalizePath(path) :"  while trying to
obtain the necessary packages to use with the "Applied Spatial
Statistics with R" book.

I turned off the Firewall (from McAfee) but am still getting the same message.

Does anyone have any idea on a solution please?

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] ctv_0.6-0

[1] tools_2.11.1

Thanks,
Erin

--
Erin Hodgess
Associate Professor

Re: Error in normalizePath(path) : with McAfee

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 09/09/2010 12:01 AM, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> Dear R People:
>
> I keep getting the "Error in normalizePath(path) :"  while trying to
> obtain the necessary packages to use with the "Applied Spatial
> Statistics with R" book.
>
> I turned off the Firewall (from McAfee) but am still getting the same message.
>
> Does anyone have any idea on a solution please?

I think you need to show us your code and the error in context.

Duncan Murdoch

>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
> i386-pc-mingw32
>
> locale:
> [1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
> [2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
> [3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
> [4] LC_NUMERIC=C
> [5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] ctv_0.6-0

> [1] tools_2.11.1
>>

> Thanks,
> Erin

Re: Error in normalizePath(path) : with McAfee

Peter Dalgaard-2

On Sep 9, 2010, at 13:52 , Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 09/09/2010 12:01 AM, Erin Hodgess wrote:
>> Dear R People:
>> I keep getting the "Error in normalizePath(path) :"  while trying to
>> obtain the necessary packages to use with the "Applied Spatial
>> Statistics with R" book.
>> I turned off the Firewall (from McAfee) but am still getting the same message.
>> Does anyone have any idea on a solution please?
>
> I think you need to show us your code and the error in context.

Maybe not... We have been here before, and if I remember correctly, the issue is not the firewall, but antivirus software messing with temp directories. (As I understand it, it goes "I see you have created a new directory, now let me put that in a safe place while I check it for malware. Oh, you were still using it? Too bad." Sort of like grabbing someone's new cup while they are trying to pour milk into it....)

Check back issues of R-help for details of the earlier incidents.

> Duncan Murdoch
>
>>> sessionInfo()
>> R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
>> i386-pc-mingw32
>> locale:
>> [1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
>> [2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
>> [3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
>> [4] LC_NUMERIC=C
>> [5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252
>> attached base packages:
>> [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base
>> other attached packages:
>> [1] ctv_0.6-0
>> [1] tools_2.11.1
>>>
>> Thanks,
>> Erin

Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501

Re: Error in normalizePath(path) : with McAfee

Erin Hodgess-2
For what it's worth:

I turned off the "Real time file scanning" and everything worked fine.

This is using McAfee anti-virus software.

Thanks,
Erin