Error in setting the parameter values of k

Error in setting the parameter values of k

NehaBologna
I am using nlr3 'fast nearest neighbor' leaner i.e. fnn

Its parameter is km which has a default value of 1. When I use tuning using
random search, I set the parameter of k as: lower= 0, upper=3

But it gives an error message

Error in self$assert(xs) :
  Assertion on 'xs' failed: k: Element 1 is not >= 1.

I have tried different values but the error remains.

Warm regards

Fwd: Error in setting the parameter values of k

NehaBologna
I am using mlr3 'fast nearest neighbor' leaner i.e. fnn

Its parameter is 'k' which has a default value of 1. When I use tuning
using random search, I set the parameter of k as: lower= 0, upper=3

But it gives an error message

Error in self$assert(xs) :
  Assertion on 'xs' failed: k: Element 1 is not >= 1.

I have tried different values but the error remains.

Warm regards

Re: Fwd: Error in setting the parameter values of k

R help mailing list-2
I am using mlr3 'fast nearest neighbor' leaner i.e. fnnIts parameter is 'k' which has a default value of 1. When I use tuningusing random search, I set the parameter of k as: lower= 0, upper=3But it gives an error messageError in self$assert(xs) :  Assertion on 'xs' failed: k: Element 1 is not >= 1.I have tried different values but the error remains.Warm regards [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
I know absolutely nothing about the specific statistical tools being used here, but:

In several nearest neighbor routines, the parameter k refers to the number of nearest neighbors to be considered (in some computation).  In that case, k must be at least 1, which is what the cited error message seems to be claiming.  Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?

- T. Arthur Milne

Re: Fwd: Error in setting the parameter values of k

NehaBologna
Thank you for your response.

 Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?

Since, the default value of k is 1, I wanted to search between the values
of 0 to 3.

Milne, Do you mean I have to provide both the lower and upper bounds
greater than 1 in order to get rid of this error?

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 4:50 PM T. A. Milne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using mlr3 'fast nearest neighbor' leaner i.e. fnnIts parameter is
> 'k' which has a default value of 1. When I use tuningusing random search, I
> set the parameter of k as: lower= 0, upper=3But it gives an error
> messageError in self$assert(xs) :  Assertion on 'xs' failed: k: Element 1
> is not >= 1.I have tried different values but the error remains.Warm
> regards    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> I know absolutely nothing about the specific statistical tools being used
> here, but:
>
> In several nearest neighbor routines, the parameter k refers to the number
> of nearest neighbors to be considered (in some computation).  In that case,
> k must be at least 1, which is what the cited error message seems to be
> claiming.  Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?
>

> - T. Arthur Milne

Re: Fwd: Error in setting the parameter values of k

Patrick (Malone Quantitative)
Likely, yes. Your error message says k must be at least 1, so searching
below 1 is probably your issue.

Also, logically, zero nearest neighbors doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Pat

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 11:01 AM Neha gupta <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you for your response.
>
>  Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?
>
> Since, the default value of k is 1, I wanted to search between the values
> of 0 to 3.
>
> Milne, Do you mean I have to provide both the lower and upper bounds
> greater than 1 in order to get rid of this error?
>
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 4:50 PM T. A. Milne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am using mlr3 'fast nearest neighbor' leaner i.e. fnnIts parameter is
> > 'k' which has a default value of 1. When I use tuningusing random
> search, I
> > set the parameter of k as: lower= 0, upper=3But it gives an error
> > messageError in self$assert(xs) :  Assertion on 'xs' failed: k: Element 1
> > is not >= 1.I have tried different values but the error remains.Warm
> > regards    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> > I know absolutely nothing about the specific statistical tools being used
> > here, but:
> >
> > In several nearest neighbor routines, the parameter k refers to the
> number
> > of nearest neighbors to be considered (in some computation).  In that
> case,
> > k must be at least 1, which is what the cited error message seems to be
> > claiming.  Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?
> >

> > - T. Arthur Milne

Patrick S. Malone, Ph.D., Malone Quantitative
NEW Service Models: http://malonequantitative.com

He/Him/His

Re: Fwd: Error in setting the parameter values of k

NehaBologna
Thanks a lot, Milne and Patrick.

I am going to change the values, hopefully the error message will disappear.

Warm regards

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 5:53 PM Patrick (Malone Quantitative) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Likely, yes. Your error message says k must be at least 1, so searching
> below 1 is probably your issue.
>
> Also, logically, zero nearest neighbors doesn't seem to make a lot of
> sense.
>
> Pat
>
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 11:01 AM Neha gupta <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your response.
>>
>>  Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?
>>
>> Since, the default value of k is 1, I wanted to search between the values
>> of 0 to 3.
>>
>> Milne, Do you mean I have to provide both the lower and upper bounds
>> greater than 1 in order to get rid of this error?
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 4:50 PM T. A. Milne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I am using mlr3 'fast nearest neighbor' leaner i.e. fnnIts parameter is
>> > 'k' which has a default value of 1. When I use tuningusing random
>> search, I
>> > set the parameter of k as: lower= 0, upper=3But it gives an error
>> > messageError in self$assert(xs) :  Assertion on 'xs' failed: k: Element
>> 1
>> > is not >= 1.I have tried different values but the error remains.Warm
>> > regards    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>> > I know absolutely nothing about the specific statistical tools being
>> used
>> > here, but:
>> >
>> > In several nearest neighbor routines, the parameter k refers to the
>> number
>> > of nearest neighbors to be considered (in some computation).  In that
>> case,
>> > k must be at least 1, which is what the cited error message seems to be
>> > claiming.  Are you certain that k = 0 is a legitimate setting?
>> >

>> > - T. Arthur Milne

> Patrick S. Malone, Ph.D., Malone Quantitative
> NEW Service Models: http://malonequantitative.com
>
> He/Him/His

Re: Fwd: Error in setting the parameter values of k

NehaBologna
Hello, I am sorry but after settings the value of C between 1 and 7, I get
the following error message now:

Error in self$assert(xs) :
  Assertion on 'xs' failed: The parameter 'C' can only be set if the
following condition is met 'type <U+2208> {eps-svr, eps-bsvr}'. Instead the
parameter value for 'type' is not set at all. Try setting 'type' to a value
that satisfies the condition.

I have set the parameter values as following:

search_space = paradox::ParamSet$new(
 params = list(paradox::ParamInt$new("C", lower = 1, upper = 7)))