Error using RcppGSL

oyvfos
Hi, I get an error using RcppGSL: fatal error: gsl/gsl_vector.h:No such file or directory.  What is the best way to install these files as they seem to be missing?
Thanks,
Oyvind

Re: Error using RcppGSL

Douglas Bates-2
Questions like this would get a faster response on the Rcpp-devel list, to
which I am copying this reply.
On Jun 21, 2011 6:35 AM, "oyvfos" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, I get an error using RcppGSL: fatal error: gsl/gsl_vector.h:No such
file
> or directory. What is the best way to install these files as they seem to
> be missing?
> Thanks,
> Oyvind

Re: [Rcpp-devel] Error using RcppGSL

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 21 June 2011 at 09:50, Douglas Bates wrote:
| Questions like this would get a faster response on the Rcpp-devel list, to
| which I am copying this reply.

Quite right.  Dropping r-devel now.  You need to subscribe to rcpp-devel if
you want to post there.

| On Jun 21, 2011 6:35 AM, "oyvfos" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > Hi, I get an error using RcppGSL: fatal error: gsl/gsl_vector.h:No such file
| > or directory. What is the best way to install these files as they seem to
| > be missing?

What platform, ie what operating system?

Do you have GSL installed?  Including development headers and libraries?  Did
you _ever_ compile anything against GSL?

Dirk

| > Thanks,
| > Oyvind
| >

| > --

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com

Re: [Rcpp-devel] Error using RcppGSL

oyvfos
Hi,
It is on windows XP. I did not install GSL yet, which version should I install
from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gsl.htm? I want to use RcppGSL via
the inline package.
Thanks, Oyvind

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <[hidden email]>