Error while installing xml2 package in R

Error while installing xml2 package in R

Manish Gupta
I am getting following error while installing xml2 package in R.

install.packages("xml2")

Error :  unable to load shared object
'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/00LOCK-xml2/00new/xml2/libs/xml2.so':

  libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it seems it require libconv library but installing libiconv-hook-dev does
nos solve the problem.
how such issue can be solved?
--
Manish Gupta (Bioinformatician)

Re: Error while installing xml2 package in R

Jeff Newmiller
This may or may not fix your problem but I avoid installing R packages in system libraries... using user libraries without running R as root or with sudo makes life much simpler unless you are a professional sysadmin.