Extracting single output data into a vector or matrix

Extracting single output data into a vector or matrix

Ayman Oweida
I've been struggling to do the following:
  After a lengthy computation, I receive an output along the lines of the list below.
  This list has 41 values and is not the end of my computations.  I have another computation to do on the list below, but in this final computation the list is supposed to be a vector.
  I've tried to assign the list below to a data frame and then extract it, but not luck!  Cleary, this is because each of the outputs in the list represents an individual data point that is not regarded as part of a matrix.  Any help?  I desperately need to be able to extract all the output data into a Vector so I can perform the final step of my computation.

  Thanks in advance.

  [1] 1.573233e-10
[1] 2.939187e-10
[1] 5.491124e-10
[1] 1.025877e-09
[1] 1.916591e-09
[1] 3.580663e-09
[1] 6.689559e-09
[1] 1.249774e-08
[1] 2.334885e-08
[1] 4.36214e-08
[1] 8.149551e-08
[1] 1.522537e-07
[1] 2.844473e-07
[1] 5.314175e-07
[1] 9.928186e-07
[1] 1.854829e-06
[1] 3.465277e-06
[1] 6.47399e-06
[1] 1.209501e-05
[1] 2.259645e-05
[1] 4.221572e-05
[1] 7.886935e-05
[1] 0.0001473473
[1] 0.0002752811
[1] 0.0005142927
[1] 0.0009608253
[1] 0.001795058
[1] 0.00335361
[1] 0.006265368
[1] 0.01171493
[1] 0.02188637
[1] 0.04088913
[1] 0.07639071
[1] 0.1427168
[1] 0.2666308
[1] 0.4981322
[1] 0.9306848
[1] 1.738748
[1] 3.248409
[1] 6.068827
[1] 11.33806

Re: Extracting single output data into a vector or matrix

Mike Prager
Ayman,

It is difficult to say without seeing some code, but your output
seems to be not a list in the R sense but a collection of
vectors, each of length 1. The best way to put the values into a
vector probably is to assign them to the elements of the vector
during your computations.

Mike Prager

Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC