Figures in Latex

li li-13
Hi all,
   I want to add 6 plots in the format of 2 columns and 3 rows as one
figure in latex. The plots are in .eps file.
I know how to add 2 plots side by side, but could not figure out how to do
multiple rows.
  I know this may not be the right place to ask such a question. But I do
not know who to ask, so just try my
luck here.
  Thank you in advance.
                                                      Hannah

Re: Figures in Latex

David Winsemius

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=latex+users+group

> so just try my
> luck here.
>  Thank you in advance.
>                                                      Hannah

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT

Re: Figures in Latex

Saeed Abu Nimeh-2
http://nixtricks.wordpress.com/2009/11/09/latex-multiple-figures-under-the-same-caption-using-subfigure/
"It will create two rows of subfigures with two subfigures on each row"

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:43 AM, li li <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I want to add 6 plots in the format of 2 columns and 3 rows as one
> figure in latex. The plots are in .eps file.
> I know how to add 2 plots side by side, but could not figure out how to do
> multiple rows.
>  I know this may not be the right place to ask such a question. But I do
> not know who to ask, so just try my
> luck here.
>  Thank you in advance.
>                                                      Hannah

Re: Figures in Latex

Kingsford Jones
to make the desired within R's plotting device rather than in latex try:

par(mfrow = c(3, 2))

and you'll probably want to adjust other mar, parameters as well (e.g.
mar, cex.lab, etc).

Or, take advantage of the flexibility offered by the graphics package
by studying ?layout

hth,
Kingsford

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 7:43 AM, li li <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I want to add 6 plots in the format of 2 columns and 3 rows as one
> figure in latex. The plots are in .eps file.
> I know how to add 2 plots side by side, but could not figure out how to do
> multiple rows.
>  I know this may not be the right place to ask such a question. But I do
> not know who to ask, so just try my
> luck here.
>  Thank you in advance.
>                                                      Hannah

Re: Figures in Latex

Felipe Carrillo
Hannah: I am not sure if this is what you
need but you can use an array to do that.
Copy and paste the below code to your latex code.

\newpage
\begin{landscape}
\begin{figure}[h]
\begin{center}$
\begin{array}{cc}
\includegraphics[width=2in]{yourgraphicname} &
\includegraphics[width=2in]{yourgraphicname} \\
\includegraphics[width=2in]{yourgraphicname} &
\includegraphics[width=2in]{yourgraphicname\\
\includegraphics[width=2in]{yourgraphicname} &
\includegraphics[width=2in]{yourgraphicname}\\
\end{array}$
\end{center}
\caption{is this what you had in mind?}
\end{figure}