File corrupted in R/magic number

pusuluri madhu
Please help me to get rid out of this situation. While loading the csv file
error msg like
Error: bad restore file manager (file may be corrupted)-- no data loaded.
In addition warning message: file "S_D.csv" has magic number GeneN. Use of
save versions more than 2 is deprecated.

Please kindly suggest

--

*Madhu Pusuluri, Ph D*
*Visiting Scientist.*

*International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)*

*Patancheru, Hyderabad,  Telangana 502324, INDIA.*

*E-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>**;
[hidden email]
<https://outlook.office.com/owa/madhupusuluri@...>*

*Tel: +91 9912241982.*

Re: File corrupted in R/magic number

John Kane-3
To be honest , we would probably have to see a sample of the data.
Can you supply a location for small data sample. Other than that  we
are guessing.

Other than that , can you open it in a text editor?  That will help
assure it is really not a corrupt file.

After using R for over 15 years, the worst thing is importing data files !

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 14:00, pusuluri madhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please help me to get rid out of this situation. While loading the csv file
> error msg like
> Error: bad restore file manager (file may be corrupted)-- no data loaded.
> In addition warning message: file "S_D.csv" has magic number GeneN. Use of
> save versions more than 2 is deprecated.
>
> Please kindly suggest
>
> --
>
> *Madhu Pusuluri, Ph D*
> *Visiting Scientist.*
> *Genomics & Trait discovery- Genetic Gains*
>
> *International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)*
>
> *Patancheru, Hyderabad,  Telangana 502324, INDIA.*
>
> *E-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>**;
> [hidden email]
> <https://outlook.office.com/owa/madhupusuluri@...>*
>
> *Tel: +91 9912241982.*

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

Re: File corrupted in R/magic number

Sarah Goslee
Summoning my telepathy, I suspect that you tried to use load() to get
your CSV file into R, instead of read.csv()

Here's the first link that came up when I searched for "read csv file into R"

http://rprogramming.net/read-csv-in-r/

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 2:00 PM pusuluri madhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please help me to get rid out of this situation. While loading the csv file
> error msg like
> Error: bad restore file manager (file may be corrupted)-- no data loaded.
> In addition warning message: file "S_D.csv" has magic number GeneN. Use of
> save versions more than 2 is deprecated.
>
> Please kindly suggest
>
> --
>
> *Madhu Pusuluri, Ph D*
> *Visiting Scientist.*
> *Genomics & Trait discovery- Genetic Gains*
>
> *International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)*
>
> *Patancheru, Hyderabad,  Telangana 502324, INDIA.*
>
> *E-mail: **[hidden email] <[hidden email]>**;
> [hidden email]
> <https://outlook.office.com/owa/madhupusuluri@...>*
>
> *Tel: +91 9912241982.*

Sarah Goslee (she/her)