Fitting controlled released data

EmaDaCuz
Hi,

I am new to the forum/mailing list. I have been using R for a while and I find it incredible.
I was just wondering whether someone has ever written a library to calculate the best fit of experimental data to some controlled release models, having only the release cumulative drug release at given time points. For example, there is an extension for SigmaPlot

http://www.sigmaplot.co.uk/products/sigmaplot/productuses/prod-uses15.php

which allows rapid fitting of 5 standard model. I prefer to use free software and therefore I rather use R than Sigma Plot.
Is there anyone who can help?

Thank you very much

Marco

Re: Fitting controlled released data

Uwe Ligges-3

On 10.04.2011 21:22, EmaDaCuz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to the forum/mailing list. I have been using R for a while and I
> find it incredible.
> I was just wondering whether someone has ever written a library to calculate
> the best fit of experimental data to some controlled release models, having
> only the release cumulative drug release at given time points. For example,
> there is an extension for SigmaPlot
>
> http://www.sigmaplot.co.uk/products/sigmaplot/productuses/prod-uses15.php
>
> which allows rapid fitting of 5 standard model.

R is "better": Just fit an arbirary number of different models and
choose the one hat fits your criterion best. I doubt that is sensible,
but it is not hard to do that with arbitrary (rather than 5 specific)
kinds of models.

Uwe Ligges