Forecast Modeling using R model node in SPSS Modeler

Forecast Modeling using R model node in SPSS Modeler

PaulJr
Hello everyone,

I have been trying really hard to use the SPSS Modeler´s R modeling node to
generate forecasts without success. I personally think the R integration in
SPSS Modeler is kind of poor, since you are only allowed to work with R
version 2.15.2.

Is there anyone who has worked time series and forecasting models using the
R nodes from SPSS Modeler? Is there any document or any guide that you guys
could provide me with?

Best regards,

Paul

Re: Forecast Modeling using R model node in SPSS Modeler

Ista Zahn
Hi Paul,

I suggest forgetting about SPSS and using R directly. Getting started
with R is easier than ever thanks to the growing number of tutorials,
workshops, mailing lists and forums.

Best,
Ista

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Paul Bernal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been trying really hard to use the SPSS Modeler´s R modeling node to
> generate forecasts without success. I personally think the R integration in
> SPSS Modeler is kind of poor, since you are only allowed to work with R
> version 2.15.2.
>
> Is there anyone who has worked time series and forecasting models using the
> R nodes from SPSS Modeler? Is there any document or any guide that you guys
> could provide me with?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paul

Re: Forecast Modeling using R model node in SPSS Modeler

PaulJr
Hi Ista,

Your suggestion is great. There is no better way to work with R than
working with R directly, however, I have been asked to generate forecasts
in SPSS Modeler using the R integration that comes with it, so
unfortunately, I need to find a way around. If I find the way to do it, I
will make sure I share it with the rest of the R user community.

Anyway, thank you for your quick and kind reply,

Best of regards,

Paul

> Hi Paul,
>
> I suggest forgetting about SPSS and using R directly. Getting started
> with R is easier than ever thanks to the growing number of tutorials,
> workshops, mailing lists and forums.
>
> Best,
> Ista
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Paul Bernal <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have been trying really hard to use the SPSS Modeler´s R modeling node
> > generate forecasts without success. I personally think the R integration
> in
> > SPSS Modeler is kind of poor, since you are only allowed to work with R
> > version 2.15.2.
> >
> > Is there anyone who has worked time series and forecasting models using
> the
> > R nodes from SPSS Modeler? Is there any document or any guide that you
> guys
> > could provide me with?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Paul

> posting-guide.html

Re: Forecast Modeling using R model node in SPSS Modeler

Ista Zahn
Hi Paul,

Not everything people ask for makes sense. If you insist on trying to get R
integration working in SPSS you should reach out to the SPSS company and/or
community for support.

Best,
Ista