Free financial data - equities, equity options and ETFs - for quantmod package (or other packages)

H-2

Free financial data - equities, equity options and ETFs - for quantmod package (or other packages)

H-2
I am relatively new to analyzing financial data but have some experience with R. I understand that the data available from Yahoo Finance via its API is often questionable in quality and Google Finance is no longer available.

Although Googling pointed me to some other sources such as Quandl etc., I am curious which other data sources quantmod itself supports for data retrieval, ie via an API, not via downloading and importing CSV-files?

My interest is really US equities, stock options and ETFs - if possible from the same data source...

Pointers to favorite data sources appreciated!

Thank you.

Re: Free financial data - equities, equity options and ETFs - for quantmod package (or other packages)

Eric Berger
You might want to post this to the group R-Sig-Finance

 and also check their archives

H-2

On 04/03/2019 03:12 AM, Eric Berger wrote:

> You might want to post this to the group R-Sig-Finance
>
>  and also check their archives
>

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 1:11 AM H <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I am relatively new to analyzing financial data but have some experience with R. I understand that the data available from Yahoo Finance via its API is often questionable in quality and Google Finance is no longer available.
>
>     Although Googling pointed me to some other sources such as Quandl etc., I am curious which other data sources quantmod itself supports for data retrieval, ie via an API, not via downloading and importing CSV-files?
>
>     My interest is really US equities, stock options and ETFs - if possible from the same data source...
>
>     Pointers to favorite data sources appreciated!
>
>     Thank you.

Thank you, will do.