Fwd: How to best analyze dataset with zero-inflated loglinear dependent variable?

Fwd: How to best analyze dataset with zero-inflated loglinear dependent variable?

Iuri Gavronski
Dear netters,

Sorry for cross-posting this question. I am sure R-Help is not a
research methods discussion list, but we have many statisticians in
the list and I would like to hear from them. Any function/package in R
would be able to deal with the problem from this researcher?

Re: Fwd: How to best analyze dataset with zero-inflated loglinear dependent variable?

Mark Difford
On Jun 08, 2012 at 5:37pm Heidi Bertels wrote [fwd: Iuri Gavronski]:

> The dependent variable is "problematic" because of its distribution.
> It is zero-inflated (many projects did not receive funding), and for
> those projects that did receive funding, the distribution is
> loglinear. I believe this is called a zero-inflated loglinear
> continuous dependent variable.

Look at package gamlss, where you might find something. It has a number of zero-inflated and zero-adjusted distributions. Package VGAM might also fit this.

Regards, Mark.
Mark Difford (Ph.D.)
Research Associate
Botany Department