[Fwd: Re: Response to R across the university]

[Fwd: Re: Response to R across the university]

Tom Backer Johnsen
Well, I downloaded the install JGR package for Windows and that seemed
to work fine, after the installation I ended up with a modified R window
which looked nice and uncluttered.  Which I like.  Very much.

On the other hand, I cannot see how to launch the thing again once I
have closed that window.  There is supposed to be a launcher somewhere
(JGR.exe?), but I have not been able to find it.  It does not seem to be
part of the installation, nor have I been able to locate it at the JGR site.

However, there might be a possible problem on my side, at the moment I
am working with a setup for Windows from the local IT department here in
Bergen which behaves very strangely (I am going to pull the plug on on
that one very soon), but there might possibly be a problem elsewhere.
Would it be possible for someone to check?

Tom

Re: [Fwd: Re: Response to R across the university]

Liviu Andronic
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Tom Backer Johnsen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>  On the other hand, I cannot see how to launch the thing again once I
>  have closed that window.  There is supposed to be a launcher somewhere
>  (JGR.exe?), but I have not been able to find it.  It does not seem to be
>  part of the installation, nor have I been able to locate it at the JGR site.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no JGR.exe.
JGR needs loaded like any R library, via library(). You can set R to
automatically load JGR at the beginning of a new session. Simply add
library(JGR)
JGR()

to the Rprofile.site. If missing, create the file within your
installation ./etc directory.

Regards,
Liviu

Re: [Fwd: Re: Response to R across the university]

Jim Porzak
Tom,

Yes, just re-execute JGR-15.exe (I assume your are on windows & downloaded
the latest version). Window's explorer search should find it.

For convenience, I make a shortcut on my desktop pointing to JGR-xxx.exe.

BTW, I do most of my development work in JGR. Thanks to all the Augsburg JGR
team!!!

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Tom Backer Johnsen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Well, I downloaded the install JGR package for Windows and that seemed
> to work fine, after the installation I ended up with a modified R window
> which looked nice and uncluttered.  Which I like.  Very much.
>
> On the other hand, I cannot see how to launch the thing again once I
> have closed that window.  There is supposed to be a launcher somewhere
> (JGR.exe?), but I have not been able to find it.  It does not seem to be
> part of the installation, nor have I been able to locate it at the JGR
> site.
>
> However, there might be a possible problem on my side, at the moment I
> am working with a setup for Windows from the local IT department here in
> Bergen which behaves very strangely (I am going to pull the plug on on
> that one very soon), but there might possibly be a problem elsewhere.
> Would it be possible for someone to check?
>
> Tom

HTH,
Jim Porzak
Responsys, Inc.