GIS Analyses for Economics and Marketing

GIS Analyses for Economics and Marketing

Domagoj Culinovic
I am Phdoctorate Candidate at Faculty of economics.
Also i am using GIS last 26 years, but lat 3 year i am focused on QGIS.
My earea of interests are GIS in Economics and marketing, and now i am
combine R and QGIS to have results.
Can someone help me with some tutorials, training materials or course
examples in area GIS for Marketing or Economics based on QGIS (with Grass
or any other plugins), and some examples of financial analyses based on
historical data in using GIS(for exaple to analyse comunity budget spends
in last 15 years based on GIS data).

Re: GIS Analyses for Economics and Marketing

Roger Bivand
Domagoj Culinovic <culinovic.domagoj <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am Phdoctorate Candidate at Faculty of economics.
> Also i am using GIS last 26 years, but lat 3 year i am focused on QGIS.
> My earea of interests are GIS in Economics and marketing, and now i am
> combine R and QGIS to have results.

It may be more relevant to post in R-sig-geo than here, given the specific
nature of your question.

You might also look at materials used in connection with GEOSTAT courses:

http://geostat-course.org/

The next course is in Albacete, Spain (the host of the useR! 2013
conference). These materials are mostly related to environmental questions,
but the techniques used are similar.

Roger

> Can someone help me with some tutorials, training materials or course
> examples in area GIS for Marketing or Economics based on QGIS (with Grass
> or any other plugins), and some examples of financial analyses based on
> historical data in using GIS(for exaple to analyse comunity budget spends
> in last 15 years based on GIS data).

Roger Bivand
Department of Economics
NHH Norwegian School of Economics