Generating GUI for r-scripts

Daren Tan

Hi,

I have developed some scripts that basically ask for input tab-limited format files, do some processing, and output several pictures or csv. Now I need to have some gui to wrap on top of the scripts, so that end-users can select their input files, adjust some parameters for processing, and select output folder or filenames.

Please advice me if there is any tools or project suitable for my tasks.

Thanks

Re: Generating GUI for r-scripts

Michael Bibo-2
Daren Tan <daren76 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I have developed some scripts that basically ask for input tab-limited
format files, do some processing,
> and output several pictures or csv. Now I need to have some gui to wrap on
top of the scripts, so that
> end-users can select their input files, adjust some parameters for
processing, and select output folder
> or filenames.
>
> Please advice me if there is any tools or project suitable for my tasks.

Daren,

I'm no expert by any means, but you might take a look at the packages fgui and
gWidgets, as well as R Gui Generator (http://rgg.r-forge.r-project.org/).

There is also a specific mailing list for gui discussions:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.gui.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bibo

Re: Generating GUI for r-scripts

Mike Prager
Daren Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have developed some scripts that basically ask for input
tab-limited format files, do some processing, and output several
pictures or csv. Now I need to have some gui to wrap on top of
the scripts, [...] Please advice me if there is any tools or
project suitable for my tasks.

you might take a look at package tcltk, which provides GUI tools
by binding to Tcl/Tk.  It could meet your requirements.

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC

Re: Generating GUI for r-scripts

Bert Gunter
If you are on Windows (you didn't say!) see also ?winMenuAdd, ?winDialog
?choose.files  etc.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech