Graph showing fitted values obtained by binomial GLM

Graph showing fitted values obtained by binomial GLM

linda.kate
I have completed a binomial GLM in R (details attached (finalModel.docx)) and I am trying to create a graph of observed and fitted values using the following commands:

> MyData<-data.frame(time=seq(from=0,to=1323,by=1))
> Pred<-predict(M2,newdata=MyData,type="response")
> plot(x=turtle$time,y=turtle$success)
> lines(MyData$time,Pred)

However, I get the following error when using the <predict> command:

> Pred<-predict(M2,newdata=MyData,type="response")
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : object 'size' not found

I'm not sure why I am getting this error. I have used the same commands on a similar dataset before and was able to produce the attached plot (plot.docx). I've also attached the data I've been using (final.csv).

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you for your time,
Linda Baker
Student - James Cook University

finalModel.docx
plot.docx
final.csv

Re: Graph showing fitted values obtained by binomial GLM

Simon Blomberg-4
You have size as well as time in your model M2. So your newdata (MyData)
needs to have size in it too.

Cheers,

Simon.

On 06/07/12 13:55, linda.kate wrote:

> I have completed a binomial GLM in R (details attached (finalModel.docx)) and
> I am trying to create a graph of observed and fitted values using the
> following commands:
>
>> MyData<-data.frame(time=seq(from=0,to=1323,by=1))
>> Pred<-predict(M2,newdata=MyData,type="response")
>> plot(x=turtle$time,y=turtle$success)
>> lines(MyData$time,Pred)
>
> However, I get the following error when using the <predict> command:
>
>> Pred<-predict(M2,newdata=MyData,type="response")
> Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : object 'size' not found
>

> I'm not sure why I am getting this error. I have used the same commands on a
> similar dataset before and was able to produce the attached plot
> (plot.docx). I've also attached the data I've been using (final.csv).
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Linda Baker
> Student - James Cook University
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635573/finalModel.docx finalModel.docx
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635573/plot.docx plot.docx
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635573/final.csv final.csv

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat, AStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
T: +61 7 3365 2506
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au
http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqsblomb/

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

Statistics is the grammar of science - Karl Pearson.

Re: Graph showing fitted values obtained by binomial GLM

linda.kate
Thank you Simon!