Grid Width in polar.plot

MartinD
Hello,
I am using the polar.plot function from plotrix.
Is there a way to change the width of the grid lines?
grid.lwd doesn't work....

Thanks

Martin

Re: Grid Width in polar.plot

Peter Ehlers
On 2012-10-26 06:48, MartinD wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using the polar.plot function from plotrix.
> Is there a way to change the width of the grid lines?
> grid.lwd doesn't work....
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

See the recent discussion about changing the line _type_
in radial.plot() where I gave suggestions to change two
lines in radial.plot(). Change the same two lines by adding
'lwd = grid.lwd' to each and adding the argument
'grid.lwd = 1' to the function arguments. Save
the edited function as 'myradial.plot', say. Then
edit the function polar.plot by replacing the single
instance of 'radial.plot' with 'myradial.plot' and
save the edited version as 'mypolar.plot', say. Now
use mypolar.plot() with whatever grid.lwd value suits
your purpose.

Peter Ehlers

Re: Grid Width in polar.plot

Jim Lemon
On 10/27/2012 12:48 AM, MartinD wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using the polar.plot function from plotrix.
> Is there a way to change the width of the grid lines?
> grid.lwd doesn't work....

Hi Martin,
At the moment, there is no option for changing the width of the grid
lines. However, I have had a statistically significant cluster of
requests for various features like this in different functions of the
plotrix package and am considering a major rewrite of many of the
functions in plotrix. If the idea I have turns out to be successful and
I can actually find the time to do the reprogramming, it will solve most
of these "feature" problems without bloating the functions with too many
arguments or making the specification of the arguments too difficult for
the average user. Keep your eyes open for an announcement.

Jim