Handlig large SAS file in R

hans012
This post was updated on .
Hey Guys
I have a .sas7bdat file of 1.79gb that i want to read.
I am using the .sas7bdat package to read the file and after i typed the command read.sas7bdat('filename.sas7bdat') it has been 3 hours with no result so far.
Is there a way that i can see the progress of the read?
Or is there another way to read the file with less computing time?
I do not have access to SAS, the file was sent to me.

Let me know what you guys think
KR
Hans