Help Package 'CLIMTRENDS' from Archive

R help mailing list-2
Hello,
I need to run the 'climtrend' library which is no longer available, I downloaded and installed it from the archive on my pc but it doesn't work, it says "I can't find the function ..." what should I do? I absolutely need to use it, in addition to installing it, what should I do to use it?
thank you in advance for your kindness,
Regards
Francesca

Re: Help Package 'CLIMTRENDS' from Archive

David Winsemius

> On Mar 22, 2021, at 4:54 AM, francesca brun via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I need to run the 'climtrend' library

It's a package, not a library. Libraries are directory locations and typically hold multiple packages.

> which is no longer available, I downloaded and installed it from the archive on my pc but it doesn't work, it says "I can't find the function ..." what should I do? I absolutely need to use it, in addition to installing it, what should I do to use it?
> thank you in advance for your kindness,

If earlier you got a message telling you of successful installation, then the most likely error is failure to execute code that loads the packages contents into your R workspace.

library(climtrends) # needs to be done before you will see functions from it in you console session.

Of course, it's always possible you misspelled the function name. I see that the package uses a lot of camelCase names and R does NOT allow errors in spelling (such as your spelling of the package names as CLIMTRENDS. )

On a mac running R 3.6 I got no error installing from source. It did not require compiler tools.

--
David.