Help ave() function

петрович
Hello again.

Following a great idea from Jim and Dennis, I began to use the function
ave() in my big data.
I proved to use this command in my data with FUN=max(x,na.rm=T), and I
received a Warning that translated looks like

Warning in max (x, na.rm = T):
no arguments to max; returning -Inf

Is this happening 'cause I´m using a big table : 254417 rows   9 columns?

Re: Help ave() function

David Winsemius

On Apr 28, 2011, at 12:30 PM, петрович wrote:

> Hello again.
>
> Following a great idea from Jim and Dennis, I began to use the
> function
> ave() in my big data.
> I proved to use this command in my data with FUN=max(x,na.rm=T),

Try instead:

  look at the 3rd example of help(ave)

> and I
> received a Warning that translated looks like
>
> Warning in max (x, na.rm = T):
> no arguments to max; returning -Inf
>
> Is this happening 'cause I´m using a big table : 254417 rows   9
> columns?
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

  ... and it is trivial to send plain text from gmail, so please do so.

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT