Help guidelines to install packages and tools of R Studio

Help guidelines to install packages and tools of R Studio

mrita.goncalves
Dear Sirs,

I have installed Rstudio 4.0 version to start using and learn R language.

I am not able to install the learnr package or create the library directory.

Also appears that message.of error in Portuguese(Brazil)

Warning in install.packages :

  n�o foi poss�vel criar o diret�rio 'C:\Users\Rita\OneDrive - BRA ADVISORY
(1)\Documentos\R\win-library\4.0\file29a81d847d22', motivo 'No such file or
directory'

Error in install.packages : unable to create temporary directory
�C:\Users\Rita\OneDrive - BRA ADVISORY
(1)\Documentos\R\win-library\4.0\file29a81d847d22�

Could help me out or give instructions how I should procedure to fix those
problems.

Regards,

Maria Rita Gon�alves

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

+55 21 981113308

Skype mrita.goncalves1

Re: Help guidelines to install packages and tools of R Studio

David Winsemius

On 6/17/20 1:06 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have installed Rstudio 4.0 version to start using and learn R language.
>

> I am not able to install the learnr package or create the library directory.
>

> Also appears that message.of error in Portuguese(Brazil)
>
> Warning in install.packages :
>
>    n�o foi poss�vel criar o diret�rio 'C:\Users\Rita\OneDrive - BRA ADVISORY
> (1)\Documentos\R\win-library\4.0\file29a81d847d22', motivo 'No such file or
> directory'
>
> Error in install.packages : unable to create temporary directory
> �C:\Users\Rita\OneDrive - BRA ADVISORY
> (1)\Documentos\R\win-library\4.0\file29a81d847d22�
>

> Could help me out or give instructions how I should procedure to fix those
> problems.

My suggestion would be to explore the world of Windows help forums since
this appears to be a permissions issue rather than anything for which R
is responsible.

--

David

> Regards,
>
> Maria Rita Gon�alves
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> +55 21 981113308
>
> Skype mrita.goncalves1

Re: Help guidelines to install packages and tools of R Studio

Jeff Newmiller
It is not a good idea to locate the default user library in a OneDrive or other network-backed software like it (Dropbox, etc.). Nor should you work on R files directly in such a directory. The network backup interferes with R and various common support tools used with R.

If you delete the directory, R will prompt you to re-create it. When it does so, specify a directory that is not located under the OneDrive directory.