Help on how to use cosinor analysis

frizac
l am a beginner in the use of R for statistical analysis. I am finding it
difficult to use cosinor to analyze the circadian rhythm in rectal
temperature in broiler chicken.

Time=(1,2,3,4.........24)
Rectal temp=(33.8,37.6,37.1,35.5,......38.2)

l will be very please if you can guide me on how to do the analysis using
the sets of variables above as example and if you can also assist me with
the R functions required for the analysis. thank you very much

Re: Help on how to use cosinor analysis

William Revelle
Dear Friday,

You need to specify what package you are using.

There is a package (cosinor) that is meant for doing this.

In addition, the psych package has a cosinor function, as do the CircStats and circular packages.

For your data, you need to use the c() function

library(psych)

Time=c(1,2,3,4,24)     #add more times
Rectal=c(33.8,37.6,37.1,35.5,38.2)  #add more temperatures
cosinor(Time,Rectal)

Then, to plot these, you will need to form a data frame

timeTemp <- data.frame(Time,Rectal)
cosinor.plot("Time","Rectal",data=timeTemp)

William Revelle           http://personality-project.org/revelle.html
Professor           http://personality-project.org
Department of Psychology   http://www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/
Northwestern University   http://www.northwestern.edu/