Help with R software

aparna m
Hi
     Can anyone teall me how to perform matrix related operations
using R like multiplication of a n*n matrix , finding transpose ,
inverse eigen values etc

Thanks

Re: Help with R software

cberry
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, aparna m wrote:

> Hi
>     Can anyone teall me how to perform matrix related operations
> using R like multiplication of a n*n matrix , finding transpose ,
> inverse eigen values etc

Yes. Its all in the manuals. Especially,

  An Introduction to R
  Section 5.7 Matrix facilities

If that isn't good enough then read the
posting guide, which will suggest something like

  help.search("matrix")

> Thanks

Charles C. Berry                            (858) 534-2098
                                             Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
E mailto:[hidden email]            UC San Diego
http://famprevmed.ucsd.edu/faculty/cberry/  La Jolla, San Diego 92093-0901

Re: Help with R software

John Sorkin
Aparna

You can find information about matrix inversion in the MASS package
[function: ginv()]. Matrix multiplication is performed using the
%*% operator. Transpose is performed by the t() function.

I suggest you do some searching. Open R, go to HELP>HTML HELP then click on
SEARCH ENGINE & KEYWORDS.

John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> "aparna m" <[hidden email]> 11/16/2007 1:38 PM >>>
Hi
     Can anyone teall me how to perform matrix related operations
using R like multiplication of a n*n matrix , finding transpose ,
inverse eigen values etc

Thanks

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for th...{{dropped:6}}