Help with effectsize package

emmaparrish
Hello all,
I am having some trouble with the effectsize package in R. I am trying to
convert Z scores to percentiles using the convert_z_to_percentile command.
This same code (below) has worked for 3 other variables, but not these 2
variables

However, when I use the function to convert other z scores to percentiles,
I get numbers that are exponential (e.g., 1.877030e+01) instead of a
percentile. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, how were you able
to fix it?

Here is my code:

#generate z-scores for SSPA using the scale() function - this part of the
code is successful
dat$varA_z <- scale(dat$varA_tot, center = TRUE, scale = TRUE)
dat$varB_z <- scale(dat$varB_tot, center = TRUE, scale = TRUE)

#Convert z-scores to percentile for UPSA using effectsize package tool,
convert_z_to_percentile
#for some reason this isn't working
dat$varA_per <- (convert_z_to_percentile(dat$varA_z)*100)
dat$varB_per <- (convert_z_to_percentile(dat$varB_z)*100)

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer!
Emma

--
Emma Parrish, B.S. | Graduate Student Researcher
SDSU/UC San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology

Re: Help with effectsize package

Eric Berger
Hi Emma,
You write
"I get numbers that are exponential (e.g., 1.877030e+01) "

1.877030e+01

is scientific notation. It means 1.877030 * 10 ( = 18.7703).

This seems like a perfectly good percentile.

HTH,
Eric