Help with improveProb function in Hmisc in R

Help with improveProb function in Hmisc in R

kirsada
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Help with improveProb function in Hmisc in R

David Winsemius

On Oct 1, 2015, at 2:26 AM, kirsada wrote:

> Please bear with me, I am very new to R.
>
> My question is regarding the use of the improveProb function in the Hmisc
> package. I have two logistic models, the only difference being that the
> second model contains my novel marker of interest. I am trying to calculate
> NRI and IDI to compare models.
>
> I have the PredRisks for both models - PredRisk1 and PredRisk2, and my
> outcome is disease 0/1. How do I define this in R in order to run
>
> improveProb(x1, x2, y)?

If you are saying that you have two numerical values each of length one, than I do not think you can pass those to a function that expects raw data. If your "PredRisk" variables are vectors of the same length as y and having a range of [0,1] as befits a probability, then what problems are you experiencing?

--
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: Help with improveProb function in Hmisc in R

kirsada
Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I have discovered that my first and second models differed in length, and have since fixed them.

Kirsten

Re: Help with improveProb function in Hmisc in R

Frank Harrell
Please note that Kirsten is cross-posting to stats.stackexchange.com
creating extra work for everyone.

Frank E Harrell Jr Professor and Chairman School of Medicine

        Department of *Biostatistics* *Vanderbilt University*

Frank Harrell

Re: Help with improveProb function in Hmisc in R

kirsada
My apologies for cross-posting. I will delete this post now.