Help with using plotmeans - how do I have two or more sets of data on one plot?

Help with using plotmeans - how do I have two or more sets of data on one plot?

FishLover
Hello

I'm having trouble being able to plot more than one set of data using the plotmeans function. Plotmeans is where you can plot means and standard errors easily.

Here is part of my code

plotmeans(Mmeans ~ Month, data=BW.hydat.05HG001, n.label=FALSE)#one set of data
par(new=TRUE)
plotmeans(Mmeans ~ Month, data=Mouth.hydat.05HH001, col="red")#the second set of data

Basically I want to show more than one set of data on the same graph, same axis etc.. The par() function in this code doesn't work because it literally overlays it and you get the y-axis all jumbled up. I know that you can supress axis in one of the datasets but then the second set of data doesn't actually have the right values. I also can't use the lines or points function since the graph shows means.

Thanks in advance