Hire person to convert R code to SAS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hire person to convert R code to SAS

willsurg
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
This post was updated on .
**Hi, I am also posted this in talkstats  at this site http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=edit_post&node=4637436

I am looking to hire someone to convert a small bit of R code into SAS code.  The R code is about 2 word pages long and uses Snell's law to convert likert scales.  If you are willing to look at this, or could point me to someone who would, it would be very much appreciated.  

Thanks in advance!

-will
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hire person to convert R code to SAS

Frank Harrell
It would make much more sense to convert in the opposite direction.
Frank
willsurg wrote
I am looking to hire someone to convert a small bit of R code into SAS code.  The R code is about 2 word pages long and uses Snell's law to convert likert scales.  If you are willing to look at this, or could point me to someone who would, it would be very much appreciated.  

Thanks in advance!

-will
Frank Harrell
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hire person to convert R code to SAS

barry rowlingson
In reply to this post by willsurg
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Frank Harrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It would make much more sense to convert in the opposite direction.
> Frank

 I got the fear when I saw the unit of R code length was '[presumably
MS] Word pages'.

 We had one student who wrote all her R code in MS Word (and coloured
bits of it nicely sometimes) but was then surprised that it didn't cut
n paste into R properly. And then I tried to run one from the command
line...

> willsurg wrote
>>
>> I am looking to hire someone to convert a small bit of R code into SAS
>> code.  The R code is about 2 word pages long and uses Snell's law to
>> convert likert scales.  If you are willing to look at this, or could point
>> me to someone who would, it would be very much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> -will
>>
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Frank Harrell
> Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University
> --
> View this message in context: http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Hire-person-to-convert-R-code-to-SAS-tp4637436p4637473.html
> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.



--
blog: http://geospaced.blogspot.com/
web: http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings
web: http://www.rowlingson.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/geospacedman
pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spacedman

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hire person to convert R code to SAS

jholtman
Why not just call the R code from SAS since SAS is supposed to have an
interface for using R within SAS?

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Barry Rowlingson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Frank Harrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It would make much more sense to convert in the opposite direction.
>> Frank
>
>  I got the fear when I saw the unit of R code length was '[presumably
> MS] Word pages'.
>
>  We had one student who wrote all her R code in MS Word (and coloured
> bits of it nicely sometimes) but was then surprised that it didn't cut
> n paste into R properly. And then I tried to run one from the command
> line...
>
>> willsurg wrote
>>>
>>> I am looking to hire someone to convert a small bit of R code into SAS
>>> code.  The R code is about 2 word pages long and uses Snell's law to
>>> convert likert scales.  If you are willing to look at this, or could point
>>> me to someone who would, it would be very much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> -will
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -----
>> Frank Harrell
>> Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Hire-person-to-convert-R-code-to-SAS-tp4637436p4637473.html
>> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
>> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
>> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>
>
>
> --
> blog: http://geospaced.blogspot.com/
> web: http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~rowlings
> web: http://www.rowlingson.com/
> twitter: http://twitter.com/geospacedman
> pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spacedman
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.



--
Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru

What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Tell me what you want to do, not how you want to do it.

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hire person to convert R code to SAS

willsurg
In reply to this post by Frank Harrell
interesting idea, the problem is that I have a dataset of 27,000 and already of coded in SAS.  I have the R code and just need someone to duplicate it in SAS.  :)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hire person to convert R code to SAS

willsurg
In reply to this post by jholtman
I will see if my SAS programer can do that, He initially had no idea what R was, which is what prompted me looking for someone who knew R
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hire person to convert R code to SAS

Ranjan Maitra-2
You actually have a SAS programmer who has never heard of R?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:52:14 -0700 willsurg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will see if my SAS programer can do that, He initially had no idea what R
> was, which is what prompted me looking for someone who knew R
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Hire-person-to-convert-R-code-to-SAS-tp4637436p4637497.html
> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>
--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional
e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.

____________________________________________________________
FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop!

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hire person to convert R code to SAS

John Kane
In reply to this post by willsurg
If it is "only" two MS word pages of R,and not confidential why not post it at someplace like [url=http://www.mediafire.com/][b]MediaFire[/b][/url] and have a few people take a look at it?  

It may be a trivial exercise or post the SAS code--it may be a trival exercise to convert it to R.  


John Kane
Kingston ON Canada


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> Sent: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:50:48 -0700 (PDT)
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [R] Hire person to convert R code to SAS
>
> interesting idea, the problem is that I have a dataset of 27,000 and
> already
> of coded in SAS.  I have the R code and just need someone to duplicate it
> in
> SAS.  :)
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Hire-person-to-convert-R-code-to-SAS-tp4637436p4637496.html
> Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide
> http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

____________________________________________________________
GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/smileys
Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk™ and most webmails

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.