How are the coefficients for the ur.ers, type DF-GLS calculated?

How are the coefficients for the ur.ers, type DF-GLS calculated?

ackbar03
I need some real help on this, really stuck

how are the coefficients for
ur.ers(y, type = c("DF-GLS", "P-test"), model = c("constant", "trend"),
       lag.max = 0)

The max lag is set at zero, so the regression should simply be

Diff(zt) = a*z(t-1)

where a is the value i'm trying to find and z(t)'s are the detrended values.
but through performing my own regression on the two time series I get different values. This could only mean

1) Its not just a simple regression
or
2) I'm detrending my data incorrectly.

However, i've followed the instructions I've seen in research papers and it doesn't seem to be right. Basically I take Y*t = Yt-(1-(1-7/T)*Y(t-1) and regress that on 1-(1-7/T)  for all t>1 and leave the values at T=1 unchanged. Then I take Yt and subtract the coefficient of the regression to get the detrended value.

I'm really stuck on this and its really frustrating. I think the easiest thing would be if someone can tell me exactly how R carries out the calculations for the functions. Help will be highly appreciated!!

Re: How are the coefficients for the ur.ers, type DF-GLS calculated?

Michael Weylandt
Simply type ur.ers on a line by itself to see how the calculation is
implemented.

Michael

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:20 AM, ackbar03 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need some real help on this, really stuck
>
> how are the coefficients for
> ur.ers(y, type = c("DF-GLS", "P-test"), model = c("constant", "trend"),
>       lag.max = 0)
>
> The max lag is set at zero, so the regression should simply be
>
> Diff(zt) = a*z(t-1)
>
> where a is the value i'm trying to find and z(t)'s are the detrended values.
> but through performing my own regression on the two time series I get
> different values. This could only mean
>
> 1) Its not just a simple regression
> or
> 2) I'm detrending my data incorrectly.
>
> However, i've followed the instructions I've seen in research papers and it
> doesn't seem to be right. Basically I take Y*t = Yt-(1-(1-7/T)*Y(t-1) and
> regress that on 1-(1-7/T)  for all t>1 and leave the values at T=1
> unchanged. Then I take Yt and subtract the coefficient of the regression to
> get the detrended value.
>
> I'm really stuck on this and its really frustrating. I think the easiest
> thing would be if someone can tell me exactly how R carries out the
> calculations for the functions. Help will be highly appreciated!!

Re: How are the coefficients for the ur.ers, type DF-GLS calculated?

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr.
Ackbar:

have a look at ur.ers directly. The coefficients can be recovered from the slot 'testreg', i.e.,

example(ur.ers)
slotNames(ers.gnp)
coef(ers.gnp@testreg)

RTFM: help("ur.ers") and help("ur.ers-class")

Best,
Bernhard