How to access the latitude & longitude for UK post codes in R

How to access the latitude & longitude for UK post codes in R

Muhammad Bilal
Hi All,

I have a data frame with three columns i.e., pc, lat, lon.

The pc column is populated with list of postcodes, and I want to execute R command that can get me the lat and lon for the every item in the pc column and populate the respective lat and lon columns.

Is there any package that could be used?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Many Thanks and

Kind Regards

--
Muhammad Bilal
Research Fellow and Doctoral Researcher,

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: How to access the latitude & longitude for UK post codes in R

John McKown
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Muhammad Bilal <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a data frame with three columns i.e., pc, lat, lon.
>

> The pc column is populated with list of postcodes, and I want to execute R
> command that can get me the lat and lon for the every item in the pc column
> and populate the respective lat and lon columns.
>

> Is there any package that could be used?
>

> Any help will be really appreciated.
>

> Many Thanks and
>

> Kind Regards
>
> --
> Muhammad Bilal
> Research Fellow and Doctoral Researcher,
> Bristol Enterprise, Research, and Innovation Centre (BERIC),
> University of the West of England (UWE),
> Frenchay Campus,
> Bristol,
> BS16 1QY
>
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

​I didn't find a package, but I did find this page:
https://www.freemaptools.com/map-tools.htm
If you scroll down to the UK section, you'll find:

   - Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude
   <https://www.freemaptools.com/download-uk-postcode-lat-lng.htm> -
   Download a list of UK out code postcodes with their latitude and longitude
   coordinates
   ​.​

On that page, you will find a link which will download a ZIP file which
contains a CSV file which says (I didn't download it) it contains the post
code, lat, long for the UK postcodes.
​You might be able to use that as a source for your own lookup code.​ I
found this via Google.

--
The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our
certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown