How to add marker in Stacked bar plot?

Manish Gupta
Hi,
I am working on stacked bar plot and want to add marker(arrow) in stacked bar plot.

DF=data.frame(names=c("tomato", "potato", "cabbage", "sukuma-wiki", "terere"), freq=c(7,4,5,8,20))
barplot(as.matrix(DF[,2]), col=heat.colors(length(DF[,2])), legend=DF[,1], xlim=c(0,9), width=2)

.

 Image with marker:

How can i add marker or arrow for particular stack in graph.

Regards

Re: How to add marker in Stacked bar plot?

Jorge I Velez
Hi Manish,

See ?arrows, e.g.,

DF <- structure(list(names = structure(c(5L, 2L, 1L, 3L, 4L), .Label =
c("cabbage",
"potato", "sukuma-wiki", "terere", "tomato"), class = "factor"),
    freq = c(7, 4, 5, 8, 20)), .Names = c("names", "freq"), row.names =
c(NA,
-5L), class = "data.frame")
barplot(as.matrix(DF[,2]), col=heat.colors(length(DF[,2])),
legend=DF[,1],xlim=c(0,9), width=2)
arrows(3.5, 15, 2.8, 20)

HTH,
Jorge.-

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Manish Gupta <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on stacked bar plot and want to add marker(arrow) in stacked
> bar plot.
>
> DF=data.frame(names=c("tomato", "potato", "cabbage", "sukuma-wiki",
> "terere"), freq=c(7,4,5,8,20))
> barplot(as.matrix(DF[,2]), col=heat.colors(length(DF[,2])), legend=DF[,1],
> xlim=c(0,9), width=2)
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635946/Screenshot.png .
>
>  Image with marker:
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635946/marker.png
>
> How can i add marker or arrow for particular stack in graph.
>
> Regards

Re: How to add marker in Stacked bar plot?

Manish Gupta
Thanks it works fine. But can i control its width?

Regards

Re: How to add marker in Stacked bar plot?

Manish Gupta
 I found arrow is too thin. I have one arrow image. I want to put it there. How can i import external image and merge with stacked bar plot.

Regards

Re: How to add marker in Stacked bar plot?

Jorge I Velez
Yes, you can.  See the lwd argument under ?arrows.   --JIV

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Manish Gupta <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thanks it works fine. But can i control its width?
>
> Regards

Re: How to add marker in Stacked bar plot?

Uwe Ligges-3

On 10.07.2012 05:37, Manish Gupta wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on stacked bar plot and want to add marker(arrow) in stacked
> bar plot.
>
> DF=data.frame(names=c("tomato", "potato", "cabbage", "sukuma-wiki",
> "terere"), freq=c(7,4,5,8,20))
> barplot(as.matrix(DF[,2]), col=heat.colors(length(DF[,2])), legend=DF[,1],
> xlim=c(0,9), width=2)
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635946/Screenshot.png .
>
>   Image with marker:
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635946/marker.png
>
> How can i add marker or arrow for particular stack in graph.

See ?arrow

Uwe Ligges

> Regards

Re: How to add marker in Stacked bar plot?

glsnow
If you want something other than an arrow (or an arrow that looks
different from those produced by the arrows function) then look at the
my.symbols function in the TeachingDemos package.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Manish Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on stacked bar plot and want to add marker(arrow) in stacked
> bar plot.
>
> DF=data.frame(names=c("tomato", "potato", "cabbage", "sukuma-wiki",
> "terere"), freq=c(7,4,5,8,20))
> barplot(as.matrix(DF[,2]), col=heat.colors(length(DF[,2])), legend=DF[,1],
> xlim=c(0,9), width=2)
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635946/Screenshot.png .
>
>  Image with marker:
>
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4635946/marker.png
>
> How can i add marker or arrow for particular stack in graph.
>
> Regards

Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.