How to combine the results of different survey?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to combine the results of different survey?

damien.zurkinden
I have results of different surveys (years) for different species that I called NAMA. I want to combining the results of those different surveys to produce one overall result by using meta-analysis

I tried to implement my data using the R package metaplus. I used as Vector of observed effect sizes corresponding to each study (yi) the years (colomns). I used as Vector of character strings corresponding to each study (slab) the species (lines).

note: I don't have Vector of observed standard errors corresponding to each study (sei)

NAMA.meta <- metaplus(yi= 2011 ~ 2019, slab = 1 ~ 113, data=NAMA)



The expected results should be the parameter estimates & forest plot. However, I receive an error message:

Error in terms.formula(object, data = data) :

  terme incorrect dans une formule de mod�le

In addition: Warning message:

In metaplus(yi = 2011 ~ 2019, slab = 1 ~ 113, data = NAMA) :

  Very few studies. Solution may be unstable.

Thanks for your help,


Damien

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]


______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to combine the results of different survey?

Michael Dewey-3
Dear Damien

Comments in line

On 03/06/2019 15:50, Damien Zurkinden wrote:
> I have results of different surveys (years) for different species that I called NAMA. I want to combining the results of those different surveys to produce one overall result by using meta-analysis
>
> I tried to implement my data using the R package metaplus. I used as Vector of observed effect sizes corresponding to each study (yi) the years (colomns). I used as Vector of character strings corresponding to each study (slab) the species (lines).
>
> note: I don't have Vector of observed standard errors corresponding to each study (sei)
>

I do not use metaplus but it seems unlikely that you are going to get
useful results within the standard errors

> NAMA.meta <- metaplus(yi= 2011 ~ 2019, slab = 1 ~ 113, data=NAMA)
>

You have supplied a formula for yi and for slab. In your text you said
you had supplied a vector of character strings.

>
>
> The expected results should be the parameter estimates & forest plot. However, I receive an error message:
>
> Error in terms.formula(object, data = data) :
>
>    terme incorrect dans une formule de mod�le
>
> In addition: Warning message:
>
> In metaplus(yi = 2011 ~ 2019, slab = 1 ~ 113, data = NAMA) :
>
>    Very few studies. Solution may be unstable.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
>
> Damien
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>
>
>
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> https://www.avg.com
>
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.