How to connect R to Microsoft HPC?

OriginaleNichtskoenner
I have some time- and memory-consuming code that is already speed up by making use of parallelization over the cores of my laptop with the foreach package in R. Now I aim to speed up my code further by connecting R to Microsoft HPC, where I have access to multiple sufficiently RAM-equipped cores.

Now my question is, how can I connect R to Microsoft HPC such that it uses these cores for parallelization with the foreach package?

On Google I mainly found manuals of Universities on how to connect to their own HPC Clusters, but nothing meaningful on how to connect R to your own HPC Cluster.

I am using R Version 3.6.0 with RStudio Version 1.2.1335. I have Microsoft HPC Pack 2016.

Thanks a lot for your help!