How to get the value of last element in a vector/array ?

How to get the value of last element in a vector/array ?

Ng Stanley
Hi,

a[length(a)] gives the value of last element. Is there an alternative
without using functions ?

Re: How to get the value of last element in a vector/array ?

Chuck Cleland
On 3/15/2008 1:30 AM, Ng Stanley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a[length(a)] gives the value of last element. Is there an alternative
> without using functions ?

   I'm not sure what you mean by "without using functions", but how
about this:

tail(a, 1)

?tail

Chuck Cleland, Ph.D.