How to install Vennerable

gktahon
Hi,

I'm new to using R and would like to use Vennerable to process my data and make Venn diagrams. However I cannot seem to install the package. If I enter the command
install.packages("Vennerable", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
I get the following message:
package ‘Vennerable’ is available as a source package but not as a binary
Warning Message:
package ‘Vennerable’ is not available (for R version 3.1.0)

How could I install the package? I managed to download a .zip file from the R-Forge location, but do not know how to continue.

Many thanks in advance,

Guillaume

Re: How to install Vennerable

Adams, Jean
"Important note for package binaries: R-Forge provides these binaries only
for the *most recent version of R*, but not for older versions. In order to
successfully install the packages provided on R-Forge, you have to switch
to the most recent version of R or, alternatively, install from the package
sources (.tar.gz)."

http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=474

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 6:40 AM, gktahon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to using R and would like to use Vennerable to process my data and
> make Venn diagrams. However I cannot seem to install the package. If I
> enter
> the command
> install.packages("Vennerable", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> I get the following message:
> package ‘Vennerable’ is available as a source package but not as a binary
> Warning Message:
> package ‘Vennerable’ is not available (for R version 3.1.0)
>
> How could I install the package? I managed to download a .zip file from the
> R-Forge location, but do not know how to continue.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>

> Guillaume

Re: How to install Vennerable

David Winsemius

On Jul 3, 2014, at 4:40 AM, gktahon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to using R and would like to use Vennerable to process my data and
> make Venn diagrams. However I cannot seem to install the package. If I enter
> the command
> install.packages("Vennerable", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> I get the following message:
> package ‘Vennerable’ is available as a source package but not as a binary
> Warning Message:
> package ‘Vennerable’ is not available (for R version 3.1.0)
>
> How could I install the package? I managed to download a .zip file from the
> R-Forge location, but do not know how to continue.

You would need to tell us your OS setup. Try reading the Details section of ?install.packages. You will need to set repos to NULL and use the proper type for a binary install ... if you are using R 3.1.x

> Many thanks in advance,
>

> Guillaume

Better to post directly to the list.

--