How to publish a new package on CRAN

Marian.BRATU
Hello to all. We are a group of developpers and want to know how we can publish a new package to CRAN website.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Regards,

  Marian

Re: How to publish a new package on CRAN

Rui Barradas
Hello,

There is a mailing list dedicated to package development. See

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Às 15:17 de 14/05/19, [hidden email] escreveu:

> Hello to all. We are a group of developpers and want to know how we can publish a new package to CRAN website.
>

> Thanks in advance for suggestions.
>

> Regards,
>
>    Marian

Re: How to publish a new package on CRAN

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 14/05/2019 2:42 p.m., Rui Barradas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a mailing list dedicated to package development. See

There are also instructions to follow at

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html

Duncan Murdoch

> Hope this helps,
>
> Rui Barradas
>
> Às 15:17 de 14/05/19, [hidden email] escreveu:
>> Hello to all. We are a group of developpers and want to know how we can publish a new package to CRAN website.
>>

>> Thanks in advance for suggestions.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>>     Marian
>>
>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Re: How to publish a new package on CRAN

Abby Spurdle
And there's the R Manuals:
https://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html

The most relevant one (for this purpose) is "Writing R Extensions".

Re: How to publish a new package on CRAN

J C Nash
In reading the original post, I could not help but get a feeling that the writers were
going through an exercise in learning how to put a package on CRAN. Having organized "Navigating
the R Package Universe" at UseR!2017, where Spencer Graves, Julia Silge and I pointed out the
difficulties for users in finding appropriate tools among the thousands of packages, perhaps
an effort to organize or modify EXISTING packages would be more useful.

It is NOT that new packages are unwelcome per se, but that we continue to need organization and
amalgamation of these new packages into collections or categories so that similar functionality
can be accessed more efficiently. And as a retired academic, I know how much "new" is valued over
"review and assessment" of existing material. I've found several "new" publications of codes I
published nearly half a century ago in the literature from time to time. Maybe the posters could
write RPlagiarizedCheck.

JN

On 2019-05-14 10:31 p.m., Abby Spurdle wrote:

> And there's the R Manuals:
> https://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html
>
> The most relevant one (for this purpose) is "Writing R Extensions".

Re: How to publish a new package on CRAN

Bert Gunter-2
This appears to be off topic here, but, when expanded, might make a nice
post on the R-bloggers site.

Cheers,
Bert