How to read a .rar file in R

Deb Midya
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

May I request you to assist me for the following please.

I am using R-3.0.1 on Windows.

Is there any R package or R function to read a .rar file (file with an extension rar)?

Once again, thank you very much for the time you have given.

Regards,

Deb

Re: How to read a .rar file in R

Prof Brian Ripley
On 09/06/2013 11:58, Deb Midya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> May I request you to assist me for the following please.
>
> I am using R-3.0.1 on Windows.
>
> Is there any R package or R function to read a .rar file (file with an extension rar)?

Use system() with however you unpack rar files on your OS.  .rar files
are archives, not files you could usefully read into R (just like tar
and zip archives).   At least, the commonest such files are, and those
are already pretty uncommon.

There are several ways to unpack on Windows, at least 7-zip, WinZip,
UnRAR (2x), WinRAR.