How to refer to my package from another package DESCRIPTION

How to refer to my package from another package DESCRIPTION

Ramiro Barrantes-2
Hello,

I am developing some packages. Package1 requires Package2, both of which I developed:

Right now Package2 is installed properly here:

/myHome/libraries/Package2

Package1 needs Package2.  Package1 refers to Package2 both in the Roxygen @import field for one of the  functions, and also in the Imports section in the DESCRIPTION

However, when I do “R CMD check Package1” I get:

* checking loading without being on the library search path ... WARNING
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘Package1’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 there is no package called ‘Package2’

It can’t find it.  However, it does not seem like the correct thing is to have /myHome/libraries in R_LIBS_USER

How should I go about this?

Thanks in advance,
Ramiro