How to source a local R file to a remote session.

How to source a local R file to a remote session.

Jeremie Juste

Hello,

I don't know exactly where to turn to.
I'm using Emacs speak statistics and I can execute a codes on my local
computer to a remote session seemlessly.

But I've always wondered how to source a file on local computer to the
remote session? Till now I have copied the files to the remote host and
source from there but it complicates the version control process.

Any suggestions on this?

Best regards,

Jeremie

Re: How to source a local R file to a remote session.

Jeff Newmiller
Use the "parallel" package?

On March 27, 2017 10:28:54 PM PDT, Jeremie Juste <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I don't know exactly where to turn to.
>I'm using Emacs speak statistics and I can execute a codes on my local
>computer to a remote session seemlessly.
>
>But I've always wondered how to source a file on local computer to the
>remote session? Till now I have copied the files to the remote host and
>source from there but it complicates the version control process.
>

>Any suggestions on this?
>

>Best regards,
>
>Jeremie

Re: How to source a local R file to a remote session.

MacQueen, Don
Strikes me as a good question for the ESS help mailing list (and I'm sorry; I don't remember how/where to subscribe to it).

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627
Livermore, CA 94550
925-423-1062

On 3/27/17, 10:28 PM, "R-help on behalf of Jeremie Juste" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello,

    I don't know exactly where to turn to.
    I'm using Emacs speak statistics and I can execute a codes on my local
    computer to a remote session seemlessly.

    But I've always wondered how to source a file on local computer to the
    remote session? Till now I have copied the files to the remote host and
    source from there but it complicates the version control process.

    Any suggestions on this?

    Best regards,

    Jeremie

Re: How to source a local R file to a remote session.

Rui Barradas
Hello,

I don't use ESS but I can use google. The first hit on "ESS help mailing
list" was

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Em 03-04-2017 17:46, MacQueen, Don escreveu:
> Strikes me as a good question for the ESS help mailing list (and I'm sorry; I don't remember how/where to subscribe to it).

Re: How to source a local R file to a remote session.

Bert Gunter-2
Don:

Just ask Mama Google!  :-o

-- Bert