How to use Conda with R + RStudio Server

How to use Conda with R + RStudio Server

Juan Telleria Ruiz de Aguirre
Dear R-help Mailing List:

For reproducibility, I want to use Conda + R (IRkernel), which will allow
me to have within the same machine different "environments", with different
versions of R installed, and specific package versions:

http://know.continuum.io/rs/387-XNW-688/images/conda-cheatsheet.pdf

As a result, I could execute in my command prompt:

>> conda activate r_environment_A

>> jupyter lab

And develop in a R environment with a fixed set of packages, and anyone
with my same environment (Can be exported though a `conda env export` and
created though a `conda create`) could reproduce the same analyses in their
machine:

https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/user-guide/tasks/using-r-language/

https://richpauloo.github.io/2018-05-16-Installing-the-R-kernel-in-Jupyter-Lab/

However, instead of using Jupyter Lab, I would like to use "RStudio Server"
within my conda environment, but this is far more complicated, as I have
not been able to install it in an easy way, so that, changing my conda
environment, also changes my RStudio Server Environment:

https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download-server/

Anyone has any gess on how to do it?

Thank you!

Juan Telleria

Re: How to use Conda with R + RStudio Server

Jeff Newmiller
You may get a response here (including my poorly-informed one) but this is off topic (_do read the Posting Guide_) so you are basically barking into the darkness here. You should be asking in the RStudio community forum.

As far as I am aware you have to run your RSS in a single environment, so conda is a poor match for that IDE. But hey... I could be wrong... go ask an expert.