How to use R for Speech to text conversion

How to use R for Speech to text conversion

Gayathri Nagarajan
Hi

Iam a newbie to NLP and I would like to get some directions on how to
convert speech file to text

Google search leads me to using GoogleLanguageR Package and API's but these
need payments to be made for Google.

Can someone suggest ways in which I can do the speech to text conversion in
R studio ?

Thanks for your help and time

Regards
Gayathri

Re: How to use R for Speech to text conversion

Marc Roos

I am also interested in this.
Maybe a start:
https://voice.mozilla.org/

Iam a newbie to NLP and I would like to get some directions on how to
convert speech file to text

Google search leads me to using GoogleLanguageR Package and API's but
these need payments to be made for Google.

Can someone suggest ways in which I can do the speech to text conversion
in R studio ?

Thanks for your help and time

Regards
Gayathri

Re: How to use R for Speech to text conversion

Bert Gunter-2
Have you checked here:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/NaturalLanguageProcessing.html

Speech to text is a very complex, specialized task requiring, I would
expect, a lot of IP. It would not surprise
me if you have to resort to big time, specialized software products with or
without R. "Speech to text with R"
found some hits, but mostly the google package you refer to. You might do
better with Python.

sticking things into it."

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 9:31 AM Gayathri Nagarajan <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Iam a newbie to NLP and I would like to get some directions on how to
> convert speech file to text
>
> Google search leads me to using GoogleLanguageR Package and API's but these
> need payments to be made for Google.
>
> Can someone suggest ways in which I can do the speech to text conversion in
> R studio ?
>
> Thanks for your help and time
>
> Regards
> Gayathri

Re: How to use R for Speech to text conversion

Jeff Newmiller
Whether you use RStudio is up to you... the heavy lifting would be done by R anyway.

I am not a STT person, but TensorFlow was recently released on CRAN [1] so there may be more opportunities for R users to make headway in this area.

[1] https://tensorflow.rstudio.com/installation/